4 Egg Whites
Pinch of Cream of Tartar1 Cup plus 1-2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 100gr packet of Hazelnut Meal
200gr Dried Apricots
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 ¼ cups Thickened Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
Chocolate for decoration
1. PRE-HEAT oven to 160C. Line 2 oven trays with Baking Paper.
2. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a dry bowl and beat until firm peaks form.
3. Gradually add 1 cup caster sugar, beating until thick and glossy.
4. Fold the hazelnut meal through and spread onto trays in a 2 heaped circles.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp and then turn off the oven and cool the meringues with the door open slightly.
6. Place the chopped apricots into a small microwave dish and cover with water. When they are soft enough to mash add the lemon juice and the extra caster sugar.
7. Remove the baking paper from each meringue and place one onto a serving plate.