Friday, November 6, 2009

Proud of This

"Remember the Moments "

Alex is a 20-something-newlywed, Christ-follower type of girl. One of her greatest passions in life is to sing & glorify her Maker.
A full time wife & office Secretary, she loves spending time chatting with her friends over a cup of coffee. Reading is a must & blogging gets very addictive. Everyday is a challenge to be more Christ-like. There are many struggles but she knows that "she can do all things through Christ, who gives her strength."

What is the title of, and where can we find your blog?
My blog is called Remember the Moments.

What is the topic or topics that you find yourself writing about the most?
My blog is a space where I feel I can write about almost anything. I do, however, tend to visit my favourite meme's: "Word-filled Wednesday" and "Thankful Thursday" so most of my entries center around God! I have also put a few recipes up that I think have worked well. Basically... just life!
What or who prompted you to start blogging, and when did you launch your site?
What young girl doesn't like writing in her diary or journal? I started blogging in my early teens, mostly just to hear myself think! Since then, I realise that it can be used to encourage others, worship God & keep those of my friends that don't see me all the time, updated on my every day life.
Are there any other women that you've connected with through blogging?
I have my "regulars" that I love to visit! I love browsing random blogs - its a great way to find encouragement and to see that I'm not alone in most of the issues in life! There are so many ladies (and a few men) out there with some real pearls of wisdom!
How much thought and time do you generally put into each post?
I am not one for random entries that talk about not much at all! I like to think about what it is I want to say, and then say it! Sometimes this holds me back from blogging as I feel like I sometimes can't/don't want to share what has been going on in my life (thus why I do a lot of meme's!)
Are there any other websites or blogs that you write for?
Not currently - could be something interesting to try!
What are some of your hobbies or accomplishments outside of blogging?
My greatest accomplishment is having Christ in my life, next would be getting married! I absolutely love singing; it is one of my great passions in life. To find a way to use this (besides singing in church) for Christ is one of my greatest ambitions. My favorite, all time thing to do is to curl up in bed with a book. I do a little bit of scrapbooking & crafty stuff, when I can find the time. I also help run a kids club, which has predominantly new African arrivals into Australia - it can be quite an experience!!
What struggle if any have you experienced with keeping your blog up?
As highlighted above, sometimes I have so much in my head that is going on but feel I am unable to share it, maybe for fear of judgement or people not understanding. There is also the issue of a hectic schedule that doesn't permit much time for computer, outside of work!
What are some of your favorite blogs?
I love:
South East Country Wife;  Wifely Steps;  And heaps more!
Can you leave us with a Bible verse that God has placed on your heart?
A verse that I have always remembered from Hebrews 13:5b-6: "...be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Visit Alex's blog: Remember the Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails